Wednesday, August 7, 2013

For Mom…

This is a really simple card to do… Pick out your background pattern, co-ordinate a ribbon or paper strips on the bottom. Personalize by putting their name on it, and then decorate as desired.
I started doing this card by gathering some scraps I had. I started with the green background and butterfly border. I then picked out a contrasting plain purple paper to crimp and put under the butterfly border.. I had stickers to make the word Mom above the paper ribbon, but didn’t like the lack of contrast, so I used a gold paint pen that made it sparkle!  I had the green frame “extra” from another project, and thought it would be nice to use to frame a flower with some gold ferns and a pink butterfly.
Let your imagination guide you as to what to put into the frame… perhaps a picture of the person’s favorite place to camp, their car (aka toys)… you can have so much fun doing something so simple Smile Enjoy!
Shelley Bordeleau (Gardens Crafts ‘n’ More)
DSC02087

1 comment:

  1. the dt here demonstrates so many things I've forgotten about--like crimping paper--lovely card!

    ReplyDelete