Friday, March 29, 2013

Thinking of you

Here is an inspiration for a sympathy card… just a simple sentiment (Thinking of you, or In Sympathy) on a layered frame, anchored to a card front with a flower.
The card base is  3 x 5 inches, in a deep purple (almost velvet looking), the tag is actually scrap from a tag I had cut… I glued the paper left (with the frame “hole”) onto a blue piece of cardstock, and then cut it out, leaving approx. an 1/8 inch white border. I put a gloss finish on the layered frame before I wrote the sentiment, to make it stand out – it almost looks enameled. The flower is one of the flowers I bought that I mentioned about in my “Just Because” card. Everything else on the card has a mat finish, so I’m really happy with the effect.
I think it would be wonderful to pick the favorite flower of the person you intend to give it to, or the favorite flower of the person you are grieving for. Just an example I hope of how simple is best.
DSC01336
Thanks for visiting, and hope to see you back tomorrow for some more daily card making inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment