Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Hanukkah

Hello Card Makers!! Welcome to CAD blog. I am Terri from  the  Ramblings of a Texas Craft Room Blog. Where I blog about card making and scrap booking. I will be your designer today. Thank you for stopping by.


Today I have a Hanukkah card. This was a hard card for me to design because I know very little of the Hanukkah holiday. So I spent some time on the web and discovered a ton about Hanukkah. The Dreidel got my attention. It looked like it would be fun to play. So I made a spinning Dreidel card for you today. It was a simple card to make once I figured out how to get the Dreidel to spin. I had to make the Drediel 3D, to get it to spin when the card is opened.
As you can see in the pictures. I used a 2 inch circle punch to make the hole for the Dreidel. I made 4 cuts of the Dreidel from the Joys of the Season Cartridge. I scored each Dreidel about 1/8 of a inch on one side  and glued the Dreidel together making it 3D. I then took the top  the Dreidel ( where the kids would spin it) and folded in toward the string. I glued it in place on the string. I ran the string across the circle on the inside of the card. I glued the 4 tops of the Dreidel to the string.
I cut the Dreidel at 2 inches.

 I cut an extra grey card stock panel to fit inside the card. To cover the string. I used the circle punch to make the hole as I did for the front.
I cut the Happy Hanukkah also from Joys of the Season at 2 inches.
I know my pictures are not very good. I apologize for that. The card is made with grey and blue card stock. The pattern paper on the front is a light and dark  grey plaid. Hanukkah colors are blue and silver.

I hope you enjoy making this card for yourself or for a Jewish friend this holiday season.
Please stop by my blog and see other cards I have posted there.
http://ramblingsofatexascraftroom.blogspot.com/
Happy Crafting in 2012
Terri

No comments:

Post a Comment