Thursday, November 24, 2011

Christmas Joy

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American readers!

So, while I was making my cards a couple years ago, I was using glitter, and I thought, hmmm, wonder if anyone has shown the difference of using glitter on a colored background compared to using it on a plain white background.....

So, that's what I did!  I MADE THIS VIDEO (CLICK TO VIEW) of the colored glitter used on a colored stamp, and the same colored glitter used on the same stamped image that has not been colored!  It's amazing what a difference you can get in the results!

Basically, you would apply the glitter to your smallest section first (do one color at a time)



Then, pour your glitter onto the project, where it will set in on the sticky parts only!  Then, take your glue pen, and color in your next part....and then pour your glitter on, and it will set in that second part...

Tap off your glitter again....and taking your glue pen, fill in the next section with glue....


Sprinkle your glitter over it, and tap it off when you are done!

Continue this until you have covered all of your parts with the glitter.



The picture really doesn't do it justice, up close, the finished product has a really nice "bling" to it!

Here is the finished item on my card!  Stamp is from C.C. Designs, Cookie Crumbs: Reason for the Season.  I used my Copics to color the stamped image, stamped with my Memento Ink.  SEI Patterned paper, Colormates plain paper, and ribbon by SEI.  I cut the stamped image out using Nestibilities on my Cuttlebug.




Make sure you check back tomorrow, as Adele from Nogard's Creative Cave will have a great new project to share!

also....don't forget to take part in our challenge and get entered in to win a prize!!

I just want to spend the last moment thanking everyone for visiting this blog these last few months!  We are hoping it has been an inspiration to you, and look forward to finishing up the year with some great holiday cards for you to enjoy!

Michelle Hessler
www.paperthreads.com



2 comments:

  1. Michelle this is so beautiful! Thanks for showing the technique...can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice card Michelle, love the bling! and thanks for for showing the technique.

    ReplyDelete