Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Canadian Thanksgiving

Hello!  I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member of this wonderful crafty group of ladies.  My first project for this group is a card to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving.

Canadian Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday in October to give thanks to the close of the harvest season.  They have been celebrating this holiday since 1957, when the Canadian Parliament proclaimed:

"A Day of General Thanksgiving to Almighty God for the bountiful harvest with which Canada has been blessed – to be observed on the 2nd Monday in October."

If you would like to learn a little more about Canadian Thanksgiving, click on this link here.


My in-laws are actually from Canada so it was interesting to learn a little about this  holiday from their country.


Here are two cards I made in celebration of this holiday:






If you would like to learn more about how I made these cards, you can check out my post on my blog Love 2 Create.

I'm really looking forward to being a part of this crafty team of ladies.  

Have a wonderfully crafty day!

Lucy 

2 comments: